Sunday, July 13, 2008

John Picacio to Guest Blog for Joe Mallozzi

Stargate: Atlantis executive producer Joseph Mallozzi kindly shows off John Picacio's artwork for my forthcoming anthology Fast Forward 2on his blog in a July 12 post "Bookly things and behind the scenes..." Mallozzi asked both Picacio and I for a quote, and then he turned around and asked John to guest blog. So he's now soliciting questions for John from his fans, who will post his response in a few days. Head on over and check it out.

Meanwhile, ever since my own stint guest blogging there, Mallozzi has had a steady stream of SF&F writers through, including Joe Abercrombie, Jeffrey Ford, K.J. Bishop, and Kage Baker. I've already turned in my WFC award nominations this year, but I think Mallozzi's going to get my nomination for Special Award Professional next year, for all the incredible work he's doing to get consumers of SF&F TV to read the literature. I've said before what a service to our genre this is, but get used to me saying it over and over, 'cause it's true.

1 comment:

Joseph Mallozzi said...

Lou,

Thanks for the kind words. It's been a real pleasure discovering new books, getting to know new authors - and bringing as many friends as will join me along for the ride. I appreciate the sentiment, but I require no recognition. At the end of the day, I do it all for the love of literature, the joy of shared discussion, and, of course, the occasional complimentary book.

Joe