Thursday, July 10, 2008

Podcast: David Louis Edelman

David Louis Edelman is the latest victim in Jon Armstrong's If You're Just Joining Us podcast, the latest in his series of interviews with his fellow John W. Campbell Best New Writer award nominees. Dave describes their interview thusly:

Jon’s strategy with these podcasts is to steer away from the typical bland interview questions (”what was your inspiration for [insert book title]?”, “who were your biggest literary influences?”, etc.). So our 20-minute chat covered the coming death of the novel, the MacBook Air, the similarities between Infoquake and Grey, the pantheon of superheroes I created when I was a kid, my editor Lou Anders, how my dad taught me to always be the devil’s advocate, how 9/11 changed Infoquake, and the engineering of foreign toilets and doorknobs.

(Our conversation was actually over an hour long, and we talked about a ton of great stuff. I regret that our talk about David Lee Roth’s vocal track for “Runnin’ with the Devil” didn’t make it in.)

No comments: