Monday, March 14, 2011

The Adjustment Bureau

I saw The Adjustment Bureau last week and loved it. Based on yet another Philip K. Dick story, and one of the better adaptations of his work. Funny, engaging, well-acted, well-crafted. Not as mind-blindingly complex as Inception, not as expensive as Avatar, just a smooth execution of a good concept. The kind of film that makes me excited about writing and reading and watching and thinking. Highly recommended.

There are a lot of SF films coming out this year, but I could easily see this ending up on the Best Dramatic Presentation Long Form shortlist for the Hugos.

2 comments:

An Englishman in New York said...

Cool. Nice to see a good review. I've been umming and aahing about whether to go and see it and you've just convinced me. Thanks Lou.

Lou Anders said...

Let me know how it is for you!