Thursday, September 13, 2012

LEAVING MEGALOPOLIS

We're in the last twenty-five hours for Gail Simone and Jim Calafiore's Leaving Megapolis. For those who don't know, this the celebrated writer and artist team on DC's Secret Six(and many other separate projects), coming together for their first Kickstarter project. I was in early, because hey it sounds amazing, but this whole campaign has been blowing me away.

They were asking for $34,000 to make produce a graphic novel, and they are currently at $106,965.  The graphic novel was going to be 80 pages, but due to the level of support it's now over 112. And the digital version was going to be a PDF but now will include a download code on ComiXology! I love Kickstarter and find the pledge drive as exciting as the product. But for this one, where the minimum pledge level for both comic and digital comic is just $15 (or $9 for just the digital), how can you not?. Here's the pitch. I'd get in now if you haven't already.




4 comments:

Jessica Strider said...

Thanks for posting about this. I've become a backer. :) Sounds like a great graphic novel.

Lou Anders said...

Doesn't it? I'm excited. Thanks.

Gregory said...

Oh man Lou....

Thank you for the reminder... I recall seeing this early in the kick-starter and wanting to support it but was unemployed so I waited. I am still without employment bur I have to donate to them because I'm a big Secret Six and the Spectre fan..., I had to do it ... Thanks fie the heads up....

Lou Anders said...

My pleasure! It's an exciting project.