Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Legend of Korra: Season Three

Yesterday I finished watching Legend of Korra: Book Three - Change(I'm behind I know - no spoilers). Incredibly powerful season finale. But also, the best of this series since Avatar. I love this show, and I love Korra, who has got to be one of my all-time favorite protagonists. But one thing I love the most about both Avatar and Korra is the way that they create complex characters. Tenzin is simultaneously a stick in the mud you wouldn't invite to a party and the coolest guy on the show. Sokka, on Avatar: The Last Airbender, never outgrew his horrid sense of humor. He matured into a great strategist and leader, but his humor never improved. Korra herself is an incredibly strong young woman, but the writers aren't afraid to show her making a lot of dumb mistakes. The fact that she's imperfect doesn't diminish her strength of character, it makes her real. Love love love these shows and this world! It has got to be up there as one of my all time favorite fantasy milieus. 

No comments: