Sunday, March 13, 2016

Unboxing: TerraTiles The Misty Moorlands

As I have spoken about here before, I'm currently running a Fate Core System role playing game for my son, my nephew, and some other boys their age that is set in the world of my Thrones & Bones series. We've been on break since the Christmas holidays but we're gearing up to start back. For our next campaign, I wanted to kick things up a notch. Although Fate doesn't require it, I'm going to introduce pawns--I'm using pawns from Paizo's Pathfinder Pawn's from the Beginner Box and the Pathfinder Pawns: Bestiary Box 1 set. And we're also going to start using some terrain.

Towards that end, I've just gotten TerraTiles: The Misty Moorlands from Rainn Studios. TerraTiles are large, nine inch, double-sided tiles that depict a variety of terrains. They are modular, and you place them together on your tabletop to create customizable terrain for role playing games and war games. I've been excited about Rainn Studios for a while, at least in part because they were founded by two brothers in my hometown. So far, they've produced a strategy board game and two TerraTiles sets, the aforementioned Misty Moorlands and a Coast and Rivers set. They are about to launch a third TerraTiles Kickstarter. It's going to feature three different types of terrain, including a snow-bound land, for which I'm obviously very excited.

Meanwhile, here I am unboxing my first set of TerraTiles. I was utterly thrilled with the set and encourage all tabletop gamers to check it out.

No comments: