Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Reflections from the Road: Catfish and ASLA

This past Saturday, June 4th, I was a guest of the Athens-Limestone Public Library's 2nd Annual Catfish Literary Festival, held in Athens, Alabama. There were no catfish in attendance that I could see, but there were some 33 Alabama authors exhibiting their works. I participated in a science fiction and fantasy panel and then gave a solo presentation on the world of Thrones & Bones. Thanks to host Kristopher Reisz, director Paula Laurita, and everyone else who came out to the show(and especially to those who bought books!).

Then on Monday, June 6th, I attended the Alabama School Library Association Summer Conference, held this year at Corner High School in Dora, Alabama. This is an annual meeting of school librarians from across the state. They come for a day of workshops and lectures, but in between each session, they mingle with the attending authors (and buy books!). As I've spoken to some seventeen schools in Alabama, I saw a lot of familiar faces. It was a good time and the door was opened on the possibility of several more school visits in the fall.

No comments: